Root Canal Treatment
Preserve Your Teeth and Treat Toothaches
Root Canal Therapy in Anchorage
Root canal therapy is a specialized treatment that helps repair and preserve teeth that are badly decayed or damaged. Sometimes the pulp of the tooth becomes infected or injured due to dental trauma, a deep cavity, or repeated treatments to the same tooth. With root canal treatment, you can avoid extracting a problem tooth and return it to its natural state.
What To Expect for Root Canal Treatment
Root canals are one of the most common restorative treatments. Many patients are anxious that a root canal is a very painful procedure. However, with local anesthetics and major dental advances, most people experience little to no pain during the procedure. Here is how perform root canal therapy:
- We examine and x-ray the affected tooth and then administer local anesthesia.
- A dental dam is placed over the affected tooth to isolate it and block any saliva.
- The dentist makes a small opening in the tooth and removes the damaged pulp.
- We rinse, sanitize, and shape the pulp chamber and root canals.
- If needed, a temporary filling is placed and removed during a second appointment.
- Using a material called gutta-percha, a permanent filler is placed.
- A metal or plastic rod may be placed in the canal for structure support.
- A dental crown is placed over the tooth to restore and protect it.
What Our Patients Say
I have never in my life felt more comfortable in the hands of a dentist and staff. The dentist walked me through each step and provided me with a step by step, visit by visit cost of everything that needed to be done. answered every question I had without judgment. I’ll never go elsewhere again.LisaAnne Gionet