Dental Bridges At South Anchorage Dental Center
Dental bridges are custom-made dental appliances that bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They consist of two or more crowns (abutment teeth) on either side of the gap, with artificial teeth (pontics) in between. Dental bridges are typically made from porcelain, which closely resembles the appearance of natural teeth.
How Do Dental Bridges Work?
Dental bridges anchor artificial teeth to nearby natural teeth or implants. Abutment teeth provide support and stability while pontics fill the gap. The bridge is cemented into place for a seamless and natural-looking smile.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Restored Functionality
- Enhanced Aesthetics
- Preventing Tooth Shifting
- Improved Self-Confidence
The Dental Bridge Procedure
The dental bridge procedure typically involves multiple visits to your dentist. Here is an overview of the process:
- Initial Consultation: Your dentist will assess your oral health, discuss treatment options, explain the procedure, and develop a personalized treatment plan for dental bridges.
- Preparation of Abutment Teeth: In the next visit, the abutment teeth will be prepared for dental crowns by removing some enamel.
- Impressions: Skilled technicians take precise impressions of your teeth to create custom dental bridges.
- Temporary Bridges: Temporary bridges will be placed while permanent ones are built to protect your teeth and restore function and aesthetics.
- Final Placement: Your dentist will adjust and fit your custom dental bridges before permanently bonding them.
Caring for Dental Bridges
Taking care of your dental bridges is essential to maintain longevity and appearance. Here are some tips for proper care:
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Brush, floss, and rinse with antimicrobial mouthwash twice daily for clean dental bridges.
- Avoid Chewing Hard or Sticky Foods: Avoid complex objects and sticky candies to protect durable dental bridges.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential to maintain the health and longevity of your dental bridges.
Invest in Your Oral Health and Appearance with Dental Bridges
Dental bridges restore your smile and oral health. Consult with your dentist to see if they're right for you. Get a personalized plan from our experienced team at South Anchorage Dental Center. Contact us to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a more confident smile.