Have you been considering brightening your smile by straightening your teeth? South Anchorage Dental Center understands that your smile is one of a kind! If you’ve been looking for an Invisalign dentist in Anchorage, SADC is your top choice to help transform your smile. Our friendly, family-oriented dentists will create the ideal treatment plan that is custom-made for you.
Want to learn if Invisalign is the right solution for you? Call today for a consultation and let us make your dream smile a reality!
Confidence and Comfort with Invisalign
While straightening teeth with traditional braces and metal brackets was once the primary method for treatment, Invisalign has revolutionized the orthodontics industry, becoming the most trusted clear aligner system in the world. No more do you have to worry about being called “metal mouth” or feeling defined by conspicuous metal hardware. Invisalign is discreet and practically invisible, which will allow you to remain confident in your appearance as we work together in achieving the smile you’ve always wanted.
Invisalign was designed to be both gentle and comfortable, so you won’t have to endure painful mouth sores caused by piercing or rubbing of hardware. Instead, you and those around you will hardly notice you are wearing braces.
What to Expect at Your Invisalign Consultation
During the initial consultation, your Invisalign dentist will use advanced scanning technology to map out your personal treatment plan. An Invisalign technician will then create a series of clear, custom-fitted, plastic trays that will gradually shift your teeth into alignment. Trays are worn similarly to retainers, fitting snugly to your dental arches and are easily popped out for dining and cleaning. Trays are intended to be worn for 1-2 weeks at a time before changing to the next in series. Your SADC dentist will help set your schedule to keep your smile journey moving at the optimum pace.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
How long will it take to transform your smile with Invisalign? The answer is every bit as unique as you. Everyone’s mouth is different, and each person’s teeth move at their own pace. While the average amount of time to straighten teeth using Invisalign tends to be around 12 months, many factors may influence the duration of treatment. First and foremost, it depends on how far teeth need to shift. Some people complete their goals in as little as six months, while others require more extensive movement to achieve their final goal. The more dramatically teeth need to shift, the longer the time required.
Some factors are beyond the patient’s control, such as genetics and the condition of one’s jaw and gums. The more malleable a person’s jaw structure is, the easier the shift will be. Typically, you will see a noticeable difference in your smile in about 4-6 weeks. Your SADC Invisalign dentist will monitor your progress about every other month and make changes as needed. With each visit to our Anchorage office, you will be given a new set of trays. You will also receive coaching on how to optimize your Invisalign treatment.
Tips For Getting the Most Out of Your Invisalign Treatment
Beyond the complexity of each case, compliance has the greatest influence on the success and rate of change in transforming your smile. Here are some tips to help you on your way!
- Invisalign is intended to be worn 20-22 hours a day and should only be removed when eating, drinking, brushing or flossing. Yes, that means sleeping in them too! Failure to wear aligners for the required amount of time each day will not only slow down progress, but it can cause trays to fit poorly and overall perform less effectively. You might be surprised how often people allow themselves to get off track or how little breaks here and there can quickly add up.
- When inserting trays, use Invisalign Chewies to help lock your aligners snugly into place. These handy devices look like soft, foam ear protectors. Biting down gently helps remove air bubbles between teeth and trays. When aligners fit better, ultimately, they work better.
- Change out your Invisalign aligners at the right time as directed and in the correct order. Each set of trays comes numbered according to the week. Switching on time and in the correct sequence will ensure your aligners fit properly and your course of treatment stays right on track.
- Do not try to speed up your progress by inserting trays sooner than directed. While this may be tempting, unfortunately, it can work to your disadvantage by causing discomfort, damaging your aligners or even moving your teeth incorrectly.
- Although Invisalign does not restrict your diet like traditional braces, it is best to remove your aligners anytime you are eating or drinking. This is especially true when drinking hot beverages, such as coffee! Heat may actually warp aligners, so gently pop those trays out before indulging in your favorite mocha latte.
- Brush your teeth before putting aligners back in your mouth after dining. Not only will this stave off tooth decay and gum disease, but it will also prevent damage to your trays as bits of food can get compacted between your teeth and trays causing them to crack or become misshaped.
- Clean your aligners daily without the use of toothpaste or abrasive brushes. Soaking trays in a denture solution during mealtime is a great way to keep your trays clean. A soft cotton swab can be used as well to remove any stubborn debris without the risk of damaging trays. Evening mealtime is ideal for daily cleansing of trays, so your mouth feels fresh during sleeping hours.
- Storing trays in their proper case during mealtime will also help prevent damage. Be prepared by keeping your case handy and please resist the temptation to shove those trays into pockets or purses where they can collect debris, become misshapen or possibly break.
- Keep your appointments with your SADC Invisalign dentist. Seeing you and helping you achieve your goals makes us smile! Every week you postpone your check-up and picking up your new set of trays adds one more week to your treatment plan. So, make those appointments in advance and mark your calendar.
- Maintain regular dental care, routine check-ups and cleanings during your Invisalign journey. A healthy smile is a beautiful smile. Let’s work together to keep your smile as healthy as possible during the straightening process.
SADC Keeps your Smile Journey Affordable
Ready to begin your Invisalign journey and concerned about the cost? South Anchorage Dental is committed to making your pathway to a beautiful smile both simple and affordable. We are in-network with the following insurance providers:
- Premera / BlueCross/BlueShield
- Delta Dental
- Washington Dental
- Denali Kid Care / Medicaid
Save With SADC Dental Savings Plan
We also have created our own SADC dental savings plan to help make paying for dental care affordable and have included $1,000 off Invisalign! All Alaskans can benefit from our dental savings plan and receive 20% off all treatments, even without insurance. You’ll enjoy affordable annual fees, no hassle of filing claim forms, no waiting period and no annual maximum. All applicants are guaranteed acceptance, and your eligibility will not be hindered by any pre-existing conditions.
Ready to Begin Your Invisalign Journey?
The smile you’ve been waiting for is closer than you dreamed. Our caring professional staff will make you feel right at ease whether you live locally in Anchorage or travel in from the Alaskan Bush. We’re here offering same-day appointments and 24-hour emergent care to meet all your dental healthcare needs.
Ready for your new smile? Call us today and experience the South Anchorage Dental Center difference.