The Best Solution for Missing Teeth
Dental Implant Restorations in Anchorage
Dental implants are an effective, permanent way to replace your missing teeth and achieve a smile that looks natural. Dental implants are essentially titanium screws that are inserted into the jaw, mimicking tooth roots. Unlike other restorative options, implants are the only solution that triggers new bone growth and permanently anchors the new “tooth” into the jaw.
What To Expect for the Dental Implant Process
Dental implant therapy takes place over the course of several different appointments. For the entire process, it can take about six months to have the full restoration completed.
- Consultation: We’ll take a look at your mouth and ensure you’re a good candidate for implants, making sure you have healthy gums and adequate bone.
- 3D Imaging: We’ll take a digital X-ray to get a clear idea of what’s going on beneath the surface of your gums.
- Placement: Using an anesthetic, we’ll insert the titanium post into your gums. This initiates the process of osseointegration, where the implant integrates with the jawbone. We can provide a temporary prosthesis until healing has finished.
- Abutment: After about 3-6 months, we’ll expose the implant at the gumline and screw on an abutment.
- Crown Placement: After a short healing process of about two weeks, we’ll anchor in your crown, bridge, or denture — completing the process and providing you with a full, beautiful smile!