The Best Dentistry Solution for Missing Teeth
Dental Implant Restorations & Treatment in Anchorage
For a permanent, and natural-looking way to replace missing teeth, dental implants are effective at helping restore your smile. Dental implants mimic the root of your tooth with medical-grade titanium screws. And under anesthesia, your dentist expertly places the anchors directly into your jaw.
Unlike other restorative tooth loss options, implants trigger new bone growth and are the only solution to accomplishing this while permanently anchoring a new “tooth” into one’s jaw. This transformative procedure is an amazing improvement in comfort and fit — especially when compared to previous technologies and tooth replacement treatment options.
At the end of the day, dental implants are the closest alternative for replacement teeth that actually look like your own teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implant Placement over Removable Dentures
Here are twelve benefits of choosing dental implants instead of dentures.
As you’ll see, the benefits are significant compared to those who wear dentures.
- Dental implants are extremely comfortable and are better for chewing than dentures.
- Dental implants look more like your natural teeth than removable dentures.
- Dental implants mitigate shifting and prevent other teeth from moving or spreading out.
- Dental implants minimize pain and discomfort because they’re securely attached to your jawbone.
- Dental implants save you money in the long term and should be viewed as an essential self-care investment.
- Dental implants are cost-effective — they reduce the number of dentist visits overall.
- Dental implants have an extremely high success rate.
- Dental implants restore confidence in your appearance by filling the gaps between missing teeth.
- Dental implants help prevent bone loss by stimulating new bone growth which dentures cannot do.
- Dental implants contribute to the overall health of your mouth and promote an overall healthy lifestyle.
- Dental implants are highly durable and can stand up to normal biting and chewing.
- Dental implants come with the option of having fixed or removable prostheses — especially helpful when replacing a single tooth or several teeth.
Getting Dental Implants: What to Expect
The dental implant process at South Anchorage Dental Center (SADC) takes place over the course of several appointments — and the entire process can take several months to complete. For many patients, depending on one’s individual healing time and the degree of required dental work, this can be as long as six months.
The Five Phases of Dental Implant Placement
This is the first phase of the dental implant procedure. During this phase, our dentist will take a closer look at your mouth. Your dentist’s aim here is to ensure whether or not you’re a good candidate for dental implant surgery. During your consultation exam, your SADC dentist will look at your gums and bone structure. For the procedure to be a success, it’s important we verify you have healthy gums and adequate bone tissue for the implants to adhere.
- 3D Imaging:
To get a clear, inside look at what’s happening beneath the gum surface, we take a full set of dental X-rays. We then carefully examine your X-rays to verify suitability as well as ascertain placement locations. We also make our final assessment as to whether or not we’ll proceed to the next stage of the dental implant process.
- Implant Placement:
We perform the first surgical phase of the dental implant procedure. Using local anesthesia, we insert the metal post into your gums and permanently adhere it to your jaw. This initiates a process called, osseointegration. This process occurs when an implant integrates with bone (your jawbone). We can also provide a temporary prosthesis until healing has completed.
- Abutment Placement:
After 3-6 months, we’ll expose the implant at the gum line and screw on an abutment.
- Prothesis & Crown Placement:
After a short two-week healing process, we’ll anchor your crown, bridge, or denture — completing the process and providing you with that full, beautiful smile you’ve been waiting on!